Описание на работата
DraftKings is growing quickly and we’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help establish and lead a team centered around the mission of providing a best-in-class experience for our customers. This position requires strong technical skills and a bias toward collaboration. You will be working across teams, building and improving our client-facing Sportsbook application for web, based on a micro front-end architecture. You will be also informing business decisions, and helping to expand our enterprise software platform. Sounds good to you? Join us.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER:
- You will be working on our high-availability client-facing application;
- Take an active part in all development stages - building the architectural design of new features, breakdown, and implementation;
- Develop performance-oriented code, covered with unit and automated integration tests;
- Maintain a high standard of code quality along with the implementation of best practices for performance, scalability, and security;
- Mentor and train software engineers to ensure that they have the necessary skills to grow and be successful in their roles.
- Collaborate closely and effectively with cross-functional teams and a diverse group of stakeholders to understand business vision and requirements and translate them into technical solutions;
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment’s notice;
- Work with your team under fast deadlines to design, build, and deliver innovative applications;
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure your team delivers high-quality work that aligns with the missions of our applications and platform;
- Collaborate with UI designers to ensure that our applications provide the best-in-class customer experience.
- Ensure that the codebase is well-organized, maintainable, and meets the high standards of the company;
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other software engineers.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Knowledge of OOP, SOLID and REST design principles;
- At least 5 years of experience building high availability and client-facing software;
- Experience using front-end toolings such as Webpack, NPM, with knowledge of current best practices and async programming patterns;
- Familiarity with data structures web performance optimizations and limitations;
- Experience with Git versioning control and understanding of different branching models;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, solving critical problems in development or production environments, Root Cause Analysis;
- You also have the ability to write automated comprehensive test suites at all levels of the architecture;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
What would make you stand out:
- A passion to create best-in-class customer experiences that are high-quality and a joy to use;
- Self-motivated, driven, and self-managed, able to utilize time allotted efficiently;
- BS, Master, or Ph.D. in computer science or related, or equivalent experience;
- Independent learner, with an open mind, and a team-oriented mentality with the ability and willingness to grow - “Any problem is a shared problem”.